Thursday, November 10, 2011

Improvement and pumpkin muffins

Last night I FINALLY completed a run worth talking about/worth counting as an improvement.  The Hubs and I took Knox back out to the park we saw the Bobcat (I know dumb right?) and it was dark already...my LEAST favorite part of fall!  We did 4 miles, non-stop, no walk breaks!  I know this is so minor to some of you, but this was a big accomplishment for me.  I havn't been able to increase past 2-3 miles since I started running again, so this gave me a little encouragement to bust my rear to be ready for a Half by December 4th! 

So we have found a restaurant that has a gluten/grain free pizza crust!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Super exciting in our life because we LOVE pizza, and this whole "no grain' thing makes pizza eating a distant dream!  BJs Brewhouse has AWESOME grain/gluten free pizza!  Last night we made grain free pumpkin muffins..

.We had them for dinner and AGAIN for breakfast today!  SO good!! Here's the Recipe if you want to try them!!  We got the recipe from the Primal Cookbook Here  We really like this cookbook!  It has a lot of really awesome recipes in it!

1/2 cup cocunut flour
2tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup cooked pureed pumpkin
6 eggs, beaten, (one at a time as you add it to the pumpkin)
4 tbsp coconut oil OR butter, melted
1/3 cup pure maple syrup OR honey (I used maple syrup, its cheaper!)
1tsp vanilla

Beat the eggs one at a time into the pumpkin add coconut oil or butter, syrup, and vanilla, mix well. Sift dry ingredients together into a seperate bowl.  Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and whisk together until most of the floury clumps are gone, but stir JUST enough to blend.
Grease a muffin pan well (I used Pam for baking...worked perfectly) and fill the muffin tins 2/3 full.
Bake @ 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes (18 was perfect for me) until tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean!

We ate them warm with a little butter on top and a side of blackberries!  You can add nuts or chocolate chips as well!!

My birthday is 3 WEEKS from today!!  My wish list includes this LOVELY watch, (picture from Nordstrom's website)  If anyone wants to buy me this for my birthday email me and I will gladly send you my address!!  (SO just kidding....kind of)

 and a DSLR camera...so then my blog pictures will be better than what I take on my Iphone!  & there's also the fact that I LOVE taking pictures...I'm not very good at it, but i want to learn!!  Any suggestions on a DSLR that isn't crazy expensive?

Here is another picture of my view on my new favorite running trail....well cement path that I consider a trail....

I am finally feeling like my body is adjusting to this new way of eating.  I am feeling properly fueled while working out and running.  Yesterday before my 4 miles I had a bowl of fat free yogurt with a banana and some raw almonds.  My body is learning to use the sugar from all the fruit and protein from all the nuts and meat to fuel me instead of the simple carbs I was eating before.  I really do feel SO much better! 

Well off to RUN to the gym (if I can convince The Hubs its a good idea....) then to do some full body lifting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awesome job running 4 miles! That is so exciting!! I'm glad your body is adjusting to your new diet and that you've found good recipes for it, it sounds pretty difficut