Sunday, July 24, 2011

I THINK I'm back!!

So I'm slowly but surely getting back into the swing of this running thing.  I ran Thursday morning when I got home from work.  It was only 1.6 miles, but it was after a 12 hour shift....and at least half of it was uphill.  I never really realized this uphill part until that morning, because I rarely run this same street more than once, but I made loops around the elementary school and the back side is up hill! Man did my legs BURN!!

Friday night I talked The Hubs into running with me instead of going to the gym : )...He loved it, don't let him fool you!  There is a small lake in his division at work that we keep talking about running, so we decided to give it a try.  The plan was only 2 miles, but we were curious how far it was around the whole lake and decided to just go for it.  Well it was a great trail, minus the fact that half of it is under construction so you have to run around the "cement trail" in the grass...HOLEY, WOBBLEY GRASS.  I hate running on unflat surfaces....especially when it's dark...I'm accident prone!! Oh well it was actually a pretty decent run. 

I definitely feel like I'm improving with each run, and improving a lot quicker than I expected to.  I guess this time I'm not starting from scratch.  I have a strong running base....it's just been a while!  I ran the first mile at a really good pace, and talked the whole way.  The only reason we stopped was we ran out of trail and into a fence....so we had to figure out if there was a way to keep going!  I honestly don't know how much I ran straight the rest of the time, I was trying not to look at my Garmin....and just keep with the flow of things.  I'm trying really hard to listen to my body and not push myself to far to fast.  I feel like I'm doing a pretty good job of that!

Now I just have to figure out how to fit running, weights, sleeping, eating, and social time all in with my work schedule.  I guess I should probably make some room for that HEAPING pile of laundry I keep putting off?! 
Any suggestions on squeezing it all in?  On the days I work I go to work at 6pm, get home around 7:30am.  I have been working on running when I get home in the morning.  If I go straight to sleep I can get up around 3ish (used to be when I ran, but now it's to hot at 3pm to run!...and when I wasn't running I went to the gym at this time) I try to be home by 4:30 so I can shower/get ready and eat dinner before work.  If I run when I get home I'm not in bed until 8:30-9ish.  I eat a snack after my run and shower, then go to bed.  If that's the case I get up a little later..... I don't have kids yet but already feel like there's not enough time in the day!

No comments: