Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Military famlies are amazing....

So lately my running has still been sucking....or just not happening!  I keep trying to have run dates, but the running gods just aren't working with me!  There's a little in this post a bout my running issues...and a lot about a new found respect....

Last night me and O-No were meeting in Dallas for a 4 mile run at White Rock Lake.  O-No called me when I was about 2 miles away and said she was just a little ahead of me, but with a flat tire!  We attempted to change it ourselves....Yah that was funny....and ended up waiting on AAA.  Once AAA changed and put her donut on we made our way, in the opposite direction, to buy a new tire.  Well our boys are out of town, and we had no clue what we were doing....so needless to say with some serious time and frustration later we were done.  And it was dark...and we were hungry....SOOOO we had dinner and margaritas instead.  Oops!!

Tonight there was more drama, and our run date turned into dinner and a movie on my couch...then I got called into work.  DANG IT!  Another disasterous run date!

Oh well.... this post has another point besides my lack of running....or how my muscles are getting cut and bigger!!

This post is about my new found respect for MILITARY WIVES.... I have always had a respect for the men and women who fight for our country, and leave their families behind to protect us....and I've also always respected the famlies they had to leave, but I have an even greater understanding now.  Let me start this by saying I'm the lamest cry baby ever! 

My hubby went on a vacation with his guy friends....a "guys only" trip.  I feel like I'm a pretty cool, understanding wife, and when The Hubs asked if I cared if he went...all I could say was have fun!!  I'm seriously jealous and a little bitter about not getting to go, but understand at the same time. I cried when I said goodbye to him (a few hours before he left, because I had to go to work.) How super lame am I?  I'm an adult, and married, and cried when my husband was leaving....for less than a week!  I had a few days off and seriously was hating being away from him.  We've been together for over 9 years, and have not been apart for more than a weekend since probably freshman year of college, 4+ years ago, when we went to different schools.   Sometimes I feel like a seriously clingy wife, because I love to spend time with my husband.  But at the same time I feel like thats a good thing...Right?  I'm happily married to a man I LOVE spending time with.  He enjoys spending time with me too...at least he doesn't complain or try to do stuff without me often. 

So I want to tell all you military wife bloggy friends (5MilesPastEmpty...you amaze me!) how truly amazing, strong, and encouraging I think you are.  I hated being away from The Hubs for 6 days, I couldn't imagine 6months or more.  You are truly strong women and I envy your strength!  Just know that thinking about all you have to sacrifice is what has kept me sane all week!  Thank you for all you do, for moving away from your famlies,  for keeping your famlies put together, and supporting your military spouses so we can all live in FREEDOM

I guess this kinda doubles as my Happy 4th of July post too!  Thanks to all our military men and women, and their famlies for everything you do!!

No comments: