Friday, March 9, 2012

Primal friendly Banana Muffins

Sometimes I get sick of eating yogurt with fruit and nuts for breakfast every day (Ok Ok I'll be honest, breakfast for me is really lunch for ya'll...remember I work night shift, I wake up at noon on a good day!!!)  So I was REALLY excited to find this recipe!!

I stumbled upon this Recipe on Pinterest tonight....I told ya'll I was obsessed....

Anyways the Pinterest recipe is healthy, but calls for Stevia and Oats, according to The Primal  Diet Oats are a grain and we try to avoid grain....so I made some substitutions.  These were AMAZING (as in so good my Husband and his best friend LOVED them.....this best friend eats grain all the time...)  They're not only healthy, Primal friendly, but they also have PROTEIN, something I know a lot of us have difficulty getting enough of in our regular diets (I know I drink most of mine....)

So here's MY version of these banana muffins!! 

Banana muffins

2 eggs
1 cup almond flour
1 banana
1/2 c honey
1tsp baking soda
1tsp baking powder
1tsp cinnamon
dash pumpkin pie spice
2 scoops vanilla protein powder
1/2c nonfat plain yogurt

Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.  Grease muffin tins (I used spray Pam) and fill about 2/3 full.  Bake at 350* for 15 minutes, and enjoy!
They don't look very pretty but they were YUMMY!!

 The Hubs added a few dark chocolate chips to some and said it was really good (I don't like chocolate.....*Insert eye roll here.....*)  I also made some with chopped almonds in them, and that was awesome as well!!  Add anything you like!  Next time I'm going to add the blueberries I have in the fridge!!

No comments: