Wednesday, May 25, 2011

It's just a number...

So every now and then a stupid number drives me crazy.  I don't look at this number very often, but when I do, generally it agitates me!

Its that pesky little number you see on the scale when you weigh yourself.....

I'm usually really good about not weighing myself at all because I know how it makes me feel.  I also know that it's more about how I look and feel and NOT about the number.

The hubs talks about his weight all the time...his goal weight, how he lost 5 pounds this week...but his number changes when he eats right and works out a lot.  Mine doesn't.  It stays the same, or even increased a pound or two....and this DRIVES ME NUTS! 

I know I'm not the only one out there who feels this way.  I eat right most of the time, I run (not as much since my half...but I'm working on that) and I've INCREASED the amount of time I spend at the gym.  I'm working really hard on stregth training right now to increase the strength in my legs to help with my running.  I feel good, and I'm relatively happy with the way I look (I have some areas that still need improvement but I'm working on it....my legs are looking better, but my stomache needs work.)

I try really hard not to focus on that number...and keep telling myself muscle weighs more than fat....but sometimes that's just not enough!

Ok I'm over it now....just needed to get that out!  Thanks blog world for listening to me whine!!

2 comments:

Christina @ The Athletarian said...

Just like you said, you're not the only one! I have anxiety when I think about the scale and so I haven't stepped on it in a really long time. It becomes agitating though when you hear about men and how easy it is for them to lose weight! They barely have to do anything! Grr.

Hang in there and just keep doing what you're doing. As hard as it is to remember - it's about how you FEEL, not about how you look :)

LisasFitLife said...

Don't even get me started on this subject! I've been working my ass off and have completely changed my eating habits. I'm just trying to lose 5 pounds but they won't go AWAY! I lost 3 pounds in 4 weeks. Sooo irritating! Just gotta remember one thing though. If your not over weight and within standards...it's harder to lose those last 5 pounds.